Thursday, October 30, 2008

Do I mean anything to you?

It is long since I heard your voice…. No calls, no text and nothing. The ratio does not match. How can you compare the sixty messages a day to a single six letter word?
Multiple questions creep in to my mind. And so goes on my impatience and depression ….
I ask, “Am I related anyways to him?” What is the difference between “own” and “me”? I know someone would comment that this is an insensible question but behavior matters.
Adopting hypocrisy can be a onetime game. It will help neither of us. I wonder how can you cheat yourself? I know responsibilities count, but what about your responsibilities to someone whom you say ‘so close to your heart’?
Another dilemma and I go on thinking…. a never ending query. Every time I come to a conclusion I began to feel I have no place….neither in his heart nor in his mind. What becomes so important is the “loneliness” that needs to be fought. You need someone to hear your bewildered thoughts…you want someone to accompany you when you are upset… you need someone to feel that you are not alone. So, everything is a question of searching for a substitute before your thoughts rules you.
How will you cope with the “extreme vacuum” your past attachments have created? I feel you are scared to be alone. May be or may not… that is again very uncertain.
Life evolves but thoughts never change. You go on clinging… resting on shoulders—one after another. Have you ever thought why you never count me among “own”? Why you never remember me when in a crowd? A lot more queries and a never replied answer….. Another new story and some more excuses…artificial outrage of being caught for the intentions and lot more…
So goes our relation…. we fight…we lament… we accuse… we insult…. we curse and go on hurting each others sentiments. We promise never to talk and never to meet but we know how to excuse each other. With everything there hang “ifs” and “buts” of which we have no clue.
What makes me restless is–Do I really mean anything to him?
The questions looms.

4 comments:

wonder extreme said...

Everybody has got their own places in anybody's heart. The question is to recognize that. I think there is a vital difference between "own" and "me". "Own" means something that is separate from you (may be physically) but still belongs to you (may be mentally and spiritually). While "me" represents an egoistic statue of yourself.

Unknown said...

U don't need to differentiate between 'own' and 'me' but one should concentrate on the facts that it is true love or just an infatuation, u have to find out what u really want rather clinging on someone just in hope and expectations. You don't have to search for true love but love will find you. Wait for your turn and have patience, that is the 'mantra' of life.

Unknown said...

You know that there is someone in this world who really Loves and Cares for you then why this search for love?

Shruti said...

True love definitely takes its time to come. But, when it comes it hits you like a whirlwind...wait for your turn:-)

Can you seek it? NO. It comes to you, catches you unawares...